New Moon coming!

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Just like Rudolph Valentino...

Yesterday I was reading this short novel... You know the kind, small, romantic, with plenty of sex scenes that make one's heart beat faster... The cheap things they sell everywhere from Harlequin. Before you crucify me may I remind you that there is such a thing as freedom to choose what you read!!!!
Anyway... I found myself asking one of my colleagues why men are never like they are in those books... Strong, yet gentle, romantic, always sweeping us off our feet, making love for hours but always concerned with pleasing us more and more, dominating yet not humiliating us... A sort of modern day heterosexual Rudolph Valentino in "The Sheik", you know?
She said it was because these books were written by women and that made me think: Are we setting the bar to high?
Lets face it, relationships are all but dying and we (me alike) tend to blame the male in the equation. But what if due to the influence of movies, books and magazines, we are but trying to turn man into an object of fantasy?
There isn't such a thing as the "perfect man" who will come to our rescue, no man that will come to us in the dancefloor and just dance with us in a manner so sensual that we will just melt, none that when we fight will just kiss us till we shut up and forget what the hell we were yealling about, that will hold ours hand in the sunset... yadda yadda yadda, you know the story. A man with all those qualities does not exist. Cause lets face it... even Rudolph Valentino was gay...

He will have moody days, look at other girls or other boys (dont be narrow minded people), leave his dirty sox on the floor, forget birthdays, forget the date we had, go out partying with his friends and return drunk... and lots of other things.
And so what? We do too!!!!
Hell I am a girl and i admit it: I am a BITCH!
My moods are legendary, I look at other boys and girls (more girls then boys) and my room is an ode to anarchy!
So what?
Adjust, adapt, but dont change who you are to please someone, and for the godess's sake, dont try to change them either.

5 comments:

  1. Just for the record Valentino was straight :)...though not very Sheiky. However I'd still take a man like him in real life...he was very shy and sweet and basically let women control him. We need more men like that...in SUITS NONE THE LESS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hala not sure about that, was watching the biography channel the other day and they said that it was debatable but that the common opinion was that he was gay. Quite frankly i dont care that much, I like gay people, love to go shopping with them! And i LOVE "The Sheik"!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Women, men are what they are and that is the end of it. But just for the records, so are you. If you keep on trying to change us, I've got a major news flash: odds are that we might just change... the girl which stands besides us, to another or even to a man (again keep open minded). And yes, there aren't much guys who still kling to the old ages ways, opening doors, dance 'till droping, kissing like a movie, butthere are still some of us like that (me included), and still you run away from us 'cause you'll think everyone's gay... Lame excuse for not wanting to try!!! or for being pre-judgemental about everything and everyone.

    Let yourself be awed...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm haven't seen the Biography thing (I'd like to though) but trust me...its been going on forever. If you want some good solid info read Emily Leider's wonderful well researched bio "Dark Lover". And umm that last comment is too weird to even comphrend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Hala! Will try and find the bio!!!

    ReplyDelete